Your browser version is outdated. We recommend that you update your browser to the latest version.

** No Upfront Payment**    +27(0)78 274 4144    +27(0)12 524 3450


  • Department of International Relations and Cooperation Legalization (DIRCO)
  • South African Criminal Record Expungement (Name Clear, Removal of Criminal Record)
  • Divorce Decrees
  • SANDF Service Letters
  • South African University Degree Legalization
  • Department of Education and Umalusi Legalization
  • Notary Public

Documents for use in a foreign country are legalized by the Department of International Relations and Cooperation by means of attachment of Authentication or Apostille certificate.  Documents include:

  • SAPS Police Clearance Certificates;
  • Unabridged (original) certificates issued by the Department of Home Affairs;
  • South African University degrees;
  • South African Department of Education and Umalusi School certificates;
  • SANDF service letters;
  • Divorce decrees;
  • Documents Notarized by a Notary Public and High Court.

You may be eligible to apply for the removal of your criminal record from the South African Police Criminal Records database, in terms of the South African Criminal Procedure Act (Act 51 of 1977) section 271b. Application can be made if 10 years have lapsed since the date of your conviction and you were sentenced to any of the following:

  • Fine imposed not exceeding R20 000;
  • Imprisonment with the option of a fine (not exceeding R20 000);
  • Correctional Supervision;
  • Cautioned and discharged;
  • Sentence of imprisonment was wholly suspended;
  • Periodical imprisonment;
  • Not found guilty of a sexual offence against a child or mentally disabled person;
  • Not been convicted during the 10 years of any other offence and sentenced to a period of imprisonment without the option of a fine.

We submit your application to the Department of Justice and Constitutional Development and attend to any correspondence from the Department. The processing time for the Expungement of a Criminal Record in terms of the Act is approximate 3 months.

Divorce Decrees can be obtained from the court where the decree was issued. This copy of the Divorce Decree is verified by the issuing court as a true copy of the original decree.

On your request, we submit application for SANDF service letters to the SANDF.  The current time for a service letter to be issued is approximate 4 weeks.

All South African University Degrees and transcripts for use abroad are presented to the Department of Higher Education for verification of the Institution.  This is then presented to the Department of International Relations and Cooperation for Legalization.

All South African school education certificates and senior certificates for use abroad, are legalized by means of a letter from the Department of Education or Umalusi.  We present the documents to the respective department for Legalization and present then to DIRCO for Apostille or Authentication.

We can legalize a document, other than a Public document as the above at a Notary Public. The Notarized documents are presented to the High Court and to DIRCO for Legalization.  Documents may include:

  • Translations of University degrees;
  • Translations of birth and marriage certificates;
  • South African employment contracts.